Mortgage lending is the primary mechanism used in many countries to finance private ownership of residential and commercial property. Development of real estate sector has now become evident in many towns and cities in Tanzania. However, the use of mortgage loans for developing private homes or commercial property is not popular to many banks and their customers. It is the objective of this course to introduce the use of this facility and give more skill to staff of practicing banks and other financing companies in Tanzania that are engaged in mortgage loans.
The aim of the course is to ensure smooth handling of housing loans by banks and other stakeholders as well as preventing any negative economic impact resulting from the loans. The programme will offer participants a hands on experience based on exercises and case studies.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of Housing Finance
- Legal Basis
- Introduction to Mortgage and Terminologies
- Construction Lending
- Underwriting & Loan Servicing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Loan Approval and Closing
- Valuation of Real Estate
- Mortgage Mathematics and Mortgage Servicing
- Ethics and Fraud
Who are to Attend
- Credit Officers
- Staff from Pension Funds i.e. Investment Officers
- Staff from National Housing or any Housing Scheme
- Other Housing Market Stakeholders
- Any other Individuals with interest in Mortgage Financing.
26th – 30th March 2012 - DSM
26th – 30th November 2012 - DSM
Facilitators: Bank of Tanzania Training Institute in collaboration with T-Mortgage Limited
Venue: Bank of Tanzania, Dar-es-Salaam
To effectively facilitate the development of Central Banking knowledge and skills commensurate with the Bank of Tanzania objectives.
Grow into a superior and dynamic Training Institution of excellence that promotes effectiveness of the role of the Central Banking Functions.